Friday, September 20, 2013

The Best Teen Job

I have tried and tested this job, along with many others. This is by far the best money maker you can have as a teen. What is that job? That job is lawn mowing. Yep, lawn mowing! If you have a mower this can be the quickest way to make some pretty easy cash. 

I make between $20 and $40 an hour from mowing lawns. It's hard to get the ball rolling in the beginning, but once you have your customers it's all downhill. Here are some tips for starting a successful summer lawn mowing business. Don't make the same mistakes I made! 


Okay, so the first thing you have to do is get your customers. You'll want to cut cheaper than the professional mowers around you. For me $20-$25 dollars for a normal residential lawn is a good price to ask. For that price I mow, trim, edge, and blow. 

The next thing you have to do, after getting your customer, is satisfying them through the entire summer. This can be hard sometimes, depending on the customer. Make sure that you do a good job every time. Not just when you think they're watching, because they see the lawn everyday. Make sure you talk to your customer. Ask them if you're doing everything they want.

This is the painful topic. Paying for gas and equipment. The price for maintaining equipment includes buying new stuff, repairing the old stuff. I worked out a deal with my parents to do this. I mowed their lawn for free and they pay for equipment maintenance. This is a sweet way to go about it. Another way to do it would be to split it half and half with your parents.

After the season has ended make sure that you let your customers know to keep you in mind for next year, if you plan on mowing next year. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. vitamin drink

    ReplyDelete