Sunday, September 15, 2013

Low Carb Dieting part 1

This is hopefully the first of many posts on low carb dieting. For this post I'm just going to talk about how awesome a low carb diet is and giving an overview. I also have some great books on the subject listed below.

First, what is a low carb diet? A low carb diet basically goes against all common and widespread
knowledge about dieting, but it has the most science behind it. Learn more about that in the books below. I love my low carb diet. I lost 10 pounds in the first two weeks on it. Keep in my mind that I was doing the extreme version of it, and only eating 20 carbs a day. If you want to just be on a low carb diet here is all you have to do. Eat 75 carbs a day, or less. DON'T eat any SUGAR. You can eat artificial sweeteners like splenda. Make sure you also eat protein. Feel great! It's that simple. Let me know in the comments how much weight you lose in the first 2 weeks.

Here is a list of books you can read if you want to learn more. I will be doing more posts on this subject. I race bicycles, so I also know the sports side of this diet. Anyhow, here are the books.

Taubes, Gary. Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It. Reprint. Anchor, 2011. (This is the short version of the below book Good Calories, Bad calories. It is by far the best place to start)

Phd Stephen D Phinney MD, and Rd Jeff S Volek Phd. The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living. Lexington, KY: Beyond Obesity, LLC, 2011.

Taubes, Gary. Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health.  Random House Digital, Inc., 2008.



No comments:

Post a Comment